Friday, August 22, 2008

Rich in Love!

Could not wait to write this blog after arriving the office. In a minibus at 6 am., I was standing on the bus for the whole time (it might sound torturing, but this is life in Bangkok...you have got to take the best of it...right!); however, I was so occupied observing a family on the bus. The father is the driver himself, the mother is a bus conductor, and a very cute 2 year-old-daughter. What a life! Yes, it is the real life living in the true world these days. However, they seemed to make the most and best of whatever they have..on the bus with the whole family. How great!

At the traffic light (could not help, but smiling as I am typing), the mother, our bus condector, grabbed her daughter real quick as soon as the red light flahed. Meanwhile, the father, our bus driver, grabbed a big bottle of water and jumped off the driver seat. I was puzzled!? They got off the bus to clean their daughter's dirty diaper...on the sidestreet! They both had to rushed to beat the traffic light. I could not help then, but smiled. The whole family also smiled and giggled. They hopped onto the bus just in time. The mother came back to her duty with a nice smile to her customers.

It's very good to see the whole family spending time together. However, I am sure the parents would want to have their daughter in a daycare, rather on the bus. When you don't have the luxury to do so, I assume you have got to take the good with the bad. You just have to love what you do or try to love things that you do. Keep positive mind is the key!

Here I have a good passage and a great thought again from Eknath to share with my readers. Enjoy!

Late have I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new; late have I loved thee! For behold, thou wert within me and I outside; and I sought thee outside and in my unloveliness fell upon these lovely things that thou hast made. Thou wert with me and I was not with thee. I was kept from thee by those things, yet had they not been in thee, they would not have been at all. Thou didst call and cry to me and break open my deafness. . . . I tasted thee, and now hunger and thirst for thee; thou didst touch me, and now I burn for thy peace.
– Saint Augustine


When we use the word love, let us use it very carefully, in the deeply spiritual sense, where to love is to know; to love is to act.

If you really love, from the depths of your consciousness, that love gives you a native wisdom. You perceive the needs of others intuitively and clearly, with detachment from any personal desires; and you know how to act creatively to meet those needs, dexterously surmounting any obstacle that comes in the way. Such is the immense, driving power of love.

No comments: