Friday, August 8, 2008

Here I am again...HOME!







Six O'clock in the morning of Monday, Mom, my brother and Meen (my niece) anxiously waiting for me at the airport. They must have gotten up very early; I know for sure that my mom would have been up since 3 or 4 in the morning. She had some tears (let say tears of joy to see me back home) in her eyes as if I had gone for 2 years! It was nice seeing them again, although I felt as if I had gone away for so long that I felt attached a bit to Brisbane. I blended so well in the workplace and became close to people from other there such as Judy's family.

Not wasting my time, I dropped off my luggage and decided to go to the Uni. I guess I still have lots of piss and vinegar! My colleagues and friends could not believe that I would show up 2 hrs after landing and all said that I had gained some weight! Here we go again...Thai style of greeting. Anyway, I feel good about myself now...I'd rather gain some weight than losing my hair like I experienced before I went to Australia and the first week I was there. Not eating right and having so much stress almost got me bald. Good thing Nizoron 2% and Brisbane coffees and food and New Zealand wines and desserts did safe my hair there. :)

Anyway, it was great to come back again and prepare for my classes. I will be teaching 3 courses this semester: Negotiation, Speech Communication and Everyday English. I am acting as a coordinator for Everyday English again this time to organize the courses with other three coordinators. After a week, I found that everything was still the same, except the gas prices were down a bit. People now are the same, but something has changed. I have different aspects of things and tend to have better positive thoughts upon things. When we have positive thinking, magic appears! Well, this how I would describe it is that you see and appreciate more in life especially things that are right before your eyes.

The first weekend had arrived, my sister-in-law, Meen and I went to the park at JJ market to take a walk and just have a great time together. My mom, as usual, keeps herself busy with selling vegies and things. We helped make a Thai dessert for her to sell in the neighbourhood. I am planning to balance myself by separating work from home. My family is as important as my career.

The first week went by so quickly and good thing I finished writing all the reports I had to get done.

No comments: