Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reunion in New Zealand!






Sunday 20 July 2008

I could not sleep well on Saturday night since I had to wake up early to get ready for my trip to New Zealand. The plan left around 9 am., but I had to be there 2 hours prior to leaving. We woke up before the alarm clock went off really. We stopped at Rick’s on the way to the airport to drop off the house keys. Rick’s mom was so kind enough to get me some presents. I thought that was very nice of her to do so. She said that I was a great tenant. I guess I did not have that much of a party then during my stay!

We got to the airport in time and could not believe it of how crowded it was on the Sunday morning. Judy and I were in line the check in for about half and hour. Then, I had to get into the terminal without having a coffee with the family since the place was so packed that they had to announce for boarding early. We said our goodbye and hugs. I was so very touched by how wonderful Judy and her family to me. The plane took off on time and arrived at Christchurch International Airport within about two hours. Everything was smooth sailing. I was very excited to see Rita and Graham again. I could not help but tear down when I saw them waiting for me patiently at the waiting area. They were tears of joy and happiness really. It felt as if I was seeing my parents after such a long time since we last met, which was 11 years ago. Since we stayed over night at Melanie and Peter’s house tonight, so they took me to the places I had been when I was here. We drove by at my best friend’s house, Heather (the Warren’s family). She and her mom looked the same. It was very nice to see them again and will see them again next Saturday for a get-together at Rosemary’s house. I thought it was very nice of her to offer to throw a party for me. I was with Rosemary and her family for about a month during my transfer to Rita’s family. I remembered having a great time with her and her family. Then, we went to my high school, Rangiora High School. I still remembered my way around vividly.

After finished wandering in the small town, we went to Auntie Eileen to visit her real quick. She did not change a bit except that now she is a widow; however, she manages her life meaningfully. We came back to Peter’s house to stay over night. Peter now has two kids, Michael and Cassie. Joanna and her little ones, Isaac and Katie, came along and had dinner with us. Mom, Rita, brought a jar of veggie soup I like, French bread and Lasagna. We had this great white wine with our dinner. Then, what a combination, we had Hokey Poky for dessert. We did some catchup in the past 11 years. I showed them some pix from my laptop. I did not go to bed until almost 11 pm. It was a great day really and I was so thrilled to be back home again.

No comments: