Thursday, October 16, 2008

This is how to make a lasting relationship!

I have to admit that proctoring is something that I don't like at all. All I have to do is to watch students taking exams, cheating, and other things...No time to prepare teaching lessons, no time to write something more academic on my blog at all..Anyway, good thing I have some time to read while watching the students. Today I have a good thought from Eknath and a nice saying from Leo Tolstoy to share with my readers and people who visit my blog.....Enjoy since it's so true in a lasting relationship!



All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
– Leo Tolstoy


There is nothing easy about learning to love. The real romantic must be very practical: it takes a lot of hard, unromantic work to sustain any human relationship. Naturally there are going to be differences between you and your partner. Identical twins have differences of opinion, so why should two people from, say, New York City and Paris, Texas, expect life together to be smooth sailing?

Even on the honeymoon there may be difficulties. You open Pandora’s box expecting a lot of doves and out come a couple of bats instead. You have to be ready to say, “The doves are there; they’re simply lying low. Why don’t we get to work and shoo away these bats?” Rather than dwelling on the negative, try to respect the potential in the other person and help him or her to realize that potential through your support. If you want a relationship to get deeper and deeper with the passage of time, you will go on strengthening it all your life.

No comments: