Monday, September 1, 2008

"Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you."

I always feel very blessed to get to know Eknath since I learn more great things every day about how to live my life to the fullest. Some practices he teaches are very difficult to follow; however, after reading his passages I receive, I become more mature, understand more about life, and prepared for whatever comes in the future!

Especially this thought for today, I have practiced it many times; it work really well.

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you.
– The Gospel According to Saint Matthew



This is love at its most magnificent. In order to love like this, we cannot be attached to ourselves. It is because we think so much about ourselves that we strike back, show resentment, speak harshly, move away.

Jesus’ words do not mean agreeing with everything people say or supporting whatever they do. We sometimes have to oppose people we love. Yet, if we do it tenderly, it is not likely that it will cost us a single friend. In fact, that person might say, “I’ve found a friend who will support me and stand beside me always.”

No comments: