Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thai Mother's Day








It's Sunday 10 August 2008, we went to my niece's school for Mother's Day. Her mother and I attended the ceremony. All mothers were invited to the event today. I thought it was a great event which should be held every year and throughout the country. It reflects our wonderful culture and great traits of Thai people. We try to instill good traits to our children by paying respect to olders.

In the morning, we gave food to monks. Then, there were activities and performances from students from forms 3 to forms 6. Meen is in her last year in a local primary school. Then, the teachers asked all students to pay respect to their mothers or what we called "Wai" and gave flowers to them. We were very proud of Meen. Many moms had tears in their eyes. It was a touching moment.

On Tuesday 12, actual Mother's Day (and the Queen's Birthday), I took my mom and Meen to dinner in the mall nearby. We really had a great time eating dinner, shopping, and having some ice-cream. I gave my mom kisses and told her how lucky I was to have her in my life.

Family is the most important part of my life. We all should live our lives in balance by trying to seperate work from family. However, we should pay our most attention and always do our best to what we do and what we are responsible for.

No comments: