Saturday, June 14, 2008

The "Fantastica," "Fantabulous" "Spectaculous" Third weekend!



















Gee, no words can be uttered or described of how beeeeeautiful this weekend was. I slowly inhaled every single breath of the tranquil moment while taking my morning walks in the neighborhood and nearby. At least 20 miles I walked on Sat.and Sun. all together. I just loved every thing that I walked passed-houses, stores, trees, flowers and wild birds. Houses here are totally different from my favorite ones in Philly. That really made me become even more appreciated of the houses I saw in Philly. I missed my old times walking and looking at those old houses, especailly their unique structures, their gorgeous slate roofs, their stones and bricks. I was totally in an ecstasy of them. Here, there are either austere houses or modern ones which are nice, yet insignificant. Houses in Philly are more charming. However, I love it here so far and could not be any happier to be here!

At night on Saturday, I attended a party dinner which turned out to be a youth masquerade ball (did not anticipate to go to one. I thought it was just a party for a charity, nothing fancy). Apparently, I had got a pair of black pants and a top on without any mask! I went to the ball with the landlord and the family who are Filipinos. This event was initiated by Filipino Community Council of Queensland Inc Youth to support SOS Children's Villages Philippines. The party took place at Tattersalls Club on Queen Street. The ballroom was very nice, the food was great and every thing was just perfect. It's my first masquerade ball. Guests dressed up beautifully! The Consul General to Brisbane also came to the ball. It was an unexpected and unforgettable experience to me indeed! I was so very touched by the strength and love of the community they possess. They were very welcoming and I felt like one of them! Many of them even started talking to me in Tagalog because they assumed that I were one of them. That night I was very exshausted but I could not sleep. I had 4 cups of coffees that night since it's a bit cold. No wonder why I could not sleep! The weather here is getting colder. It's bearable though since they usually get mild Winter here in this part of the country. I still manage to survive and have my shower every day!!! :)

The next day, Kelly and I went to downtown Brisbane to just wander around and visited remarkable places here. We walked to Botanic Garden and visited places, shops, along Queen's Street, Elizabeth's Street (Borders Bookstore), Adelaide's Street (Krispy Kreme shop). I have to say that I was ecstatic to see Target, Boarders, Krispy Kreme here. They made me homesick really. I wished though they had got Manhatton Bagels (Toasted Everything Bagel with Creme Cheese or Eggs and Sausages and a cup of a Decaf Coffee!). Anyway, we stopped for a coffee in which I was recommended to try. The shop is called Aromas which is well known here in town. Then, we indulged ourselves in a Krispy Kreme donut each. I had Cinnamon Apple filled. IT WAS JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED! Ummm! Yumm! My day and weekend ended up at "Woolly" for groceries! What a surprise!!

No comments: